If you’ve ever stumbled upon an unusual insight in the shower, you’ll appreciate these totally random but awesome thoughts.
Shower Thoughts is a dedicated space on Reddit where users post exactly that, and we’ve found some of the best ones that will make you see everyday moments in a whole new light.
41. When you say the word “crisp” it moves from the back of your mouth to the front as you say it.
40. If two people on opposite sides of the world each drop a piece of bread, the earth briefly becomes a sandwich.
39. If your shirt isn’t tucked into your pants, then your pants are tucked into your shirt.
38. Maybe “mate” is short for “inmate” and that’s why Australians call each other that. Ya know, ‘cause it was originally just a bunch of convicts.
37. Newborns are always crying because any discomfort is literally one of the worst things they have ever experienced.
36. In order to fall asleep, you have to pretend to be asleep.
35. If job ads say “must be fluent in Mandarin” why don’t they post the entire ad in Mandarin, that way only genuinely fluent people could apply?
34. How far back in history do you have to go before it’s considered archaeology instead of grave robbing?
33. Once you have a Phd, every meeting you go to becomes a doctor’s appointment.
32. Everyone actually has three voices: the one in your head, the one you hear when you talk, and the one that everyone else herds instead.
31. Childbirth is literally an emergency.
30. Mars is populated entirely by robots.
29. There should be an optional “people are sleeping” button on the microwave to stop from all the extra loud beeping.
28. Maybe “Smith” is a common surname because blacksmiths were never forced to serve in combat roles during war time.
27. If Hillary Clinton wins in 2016, it will be the first time that two presidents have had sex with each other.
26. We say “hair” when referring to lots of it, but we say “hairs” when referring to a few.
25. The iconic alien is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments.
24. What if our use of emojis gradually becomes so extensive that we actually circle back to writing in hieroglyphics?
23. I wonder if there are any times on the clock that I have never seen.
22. There should be a superhero called Placebo-Man. He doesn’t actually have any superpowers at all, he’s just a normal guy that everyone thinks is a superhero.
21. The Google self-driving car should have an “I’m Feeling Lucky” button that drives you to a random location.
20. The only time the word “incorrectly” isn’t spelled incorrectly is when it’s spelled incorrectly.
19. The word “FAT” just looks like someone took a bite out of the first letter of the word “EAT.”
18. I wonder how many places I’ve already visited for the last time.
17. If Katniss and Peeta from “Hunger Games” were Hollywood celebrities, their super couple nickname would either be would Katpee or Peeniss.
16. If you did something “like a boss,” you’d probably just pay someone else to do it.
15. Centaurs have two rib cages.
14. Unless you’re a celebrity, Twitter is like talking to yourself in crowded room.
13. The person who would proofread Hitler’s speeches was a Grammar Nazi.
12. “Go to bed, you’ll feel better in the morning” is the human version of “Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?”
11. We will never hear about the truly perfect crime.
10. When you drink alcohol you are just borrowing happiness from tomorrow.
9. Killing a spider makes the spider gene pool sneakier and more deadly.
8. Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.
7. Maybe “Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?” isn’t a show that displays how stupid grown adults can be, but rather, a show that depicts how much useless information we teach primary school students that won’t be retained or applicable later in life.
6. I will be the last person to die in my lifetime.
5.Your stomach thinks all potato is mashed.
4. Asking someone “where are you?” is a recent thing. Before we had mobile phones, the only way we could talk to people is if we knew where they were.
3. When a pregnant woman swims, she is a human submarine.
2. The sinking of the Titanic must have been a miracle to the lobsters in the kitchen.
1. The Swiss must’ve been pretty confident in their chances of victory if they included a corkscrew on their army knife.