Posted: 10 September, 2013
Watch the Speech That Got Russell Brand Kicked Out of the GQ Awards
"Hugo Boss dressed the nazis"
Russell Brand was awarded "the Oracle" trophy at the GQ Awards last week and to put it lightly, we don't reckon he is going to be winning any more GQ awards. Rusty bagged out the entire ceremony, which had the audience in stitches.
Some things he said during the hilarious speech:
- Bagged out the award he was given "The oracle" - "to me it sounds like something that has been recently been made up."
- "I'm glad to grace the stage where [London mayor] Boris Johnson has just made light of the use of chemical weapons in Syria, meaning that 'GQ' can now stand for 'genocide quips'."
- How sponsor Hugo Boss used to dress the nazis. "The Nazis did have flaws but you know they did look f***ing fantastic while they were killing people on the basis of their religion and sexuality."
- Said that the whole country is run by rich people who all went to school together.
- Bags out Noel Gallagher, then says about Noel's speech which will follow "Noel - good luck being more offensive than that son."
You can hear the ripples of laughter from the crowd - the kind that indicates that the person making them laugh is doing something naughty.
Hilarious and gutsy. Not sure what's gotten a bee in his bonnet about. Possibly it has more to do with getting publicity to promote his world tour?
Here's what he said on Twitter.
And then a couple of days later, this: