Posted: 3 November, 2016
by Dan The Web Guy
Top 10 WA Parks Named
You might be surprised with what makes the list.
Website domain.com.au have released a list of the top 13 (curious number) parks in Australia, with only 1 of Perth's (and WA's) making the cut.
The list was determined by the The Australian Institute of Landscape Architects, based on a criteria of the parks' role in redefining public spaces and communities, as well as promoting social, environmental, health and economic change.
Brookfield Place, which links St Georges Terrace heritage buildings to the 46-storey office tower.
The Institute also revealed a list of WA's top 10 parks, with no real surprises on what made the cut for Perth.
The list is as follows.
- Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Perth, WA
- Esplanade Youth Plaza, Fremantle, WA
- Brookfield Place, Perth, WA
- Braithwaite Park, Mount Hawthorn, WA
- The Gap and Natural Bridge, Albany, WA
- Valley of the Giants – Tree Top Walk, Walpole, WA
- Urban Orchard, Perth Cultural Centre, Perth, WA
- Elizabeth Quay, Perth, WA
- Geraldton Esplanade, Geraldton, WA
- Fitzgerald River National Park, Hopetoun, WA