Posted: 11 November, 2016
by Dan The Web Guy
Flyover Today To Mark Remembrance Day
Look to the skies at 11am today...
As we take a minute today at 11am to recognise the massive sacrifices from those who have died in the line of duty, the RAAF will be conducting a fly past over various Perth locations in recognition of the occasion.
Up to three Royal Australian Air Force Hawk 127 Aircraft from Number 79 Squadron, based at Royal Australian Air Force Base Pearce, will be conducting flyovers across five locations in the Perth and Rockingham regions, including:
- Naval Association of Australia, Wanneroo, at 10.50am
- State War Memorial, Kings Park, Perth, at 10.59am
- City of South Perth Civic Centre, South Perth, at 11.00am
- Monument Hill, High Street, Fremantle at 11.01am
- Rockingham Cenotaph, Rockingham, at 11.04am
The fast-jet aircraft will conduct level flyovers at a height of 500 feet above ground level, reaching speeds of up to 450 knots.
Lest We Forget